SUMMARY OF DOIT'S PROGRAM
DOIT enhances the quality of education in participating Israeli and Georgian Higher Educational Institutions by:
- Designing, piloting and implementing curricular reform which promotes Multicultural Education and Cultural Diversity Training
- Facilitating the exchange and sharing of knowledge among professionals involved in education.
DOIT's principal multi-dimensional program includes design, piloting and integrating into the curriculum of participating universities and colleges in Israel and Georgia.
DOIT's program also includes:
- Activities outside of the classroom for students which promote inter-cultural relations
- Interactive website and portal,
- A quality assurance plan and implementation;
dissemination of the program
- Piloted programs will be integrated into the curriculum of the Israeli and Georgian participating universities and colleges that specialize in teacher-training and education;
- Participating faculty will gain life-long skills and competency in multicultural education and cultural diversity training that will be sustained after the program ends ;
- Students and in-service teachers participants will gain life-long tools that they can apply when they teach
- Professional ties will be formed will continue to evolve through future programs and projects.
Readers that have articles in Georgian or translation of key articles into Georgian forTeaching the Following DOIT courses:
1. Children's Rights in and Through Education
2. Multiethnic and Multicultural Georgia
3. Formation of Identity in Multicultural Environments
4. Intercultural Education - Pedagogical Approaches
DOIT's HANDBOOKS that are TRANSLATED into GEORGIAN and ARABIC
1. Promoting Inter-Cultural Relations On Campus through Student Activities
2.DOIT's Major Achievements and Good Practices
EXAMPLES of TWO DOIT COURSE SYLLABI IN HEBREW:
1. Multi-Ethnic and Multicultural Israel
2. Identity Formation in Multicultural Environments (an example of a distant learning course).